Did Other Fifth Harmony Members “Resent” Camila Cabello for Solo Ambitions?
Getty Images via ABCIt seems things haven’t been all that harmonious for Fifth Harmony lately. Sources tell People that tensions had been brewing for a while before Camila Cabello decided to leave the group.
“They hadn’t gotten along in a long time,” the insider says. “Camila never made it a secret she planned to do her own thing eventually, and the other girls resented her for it.”
An industry source adds, “I don’t think anyone is surprised from our side. Camila has been a pioneer and has really gone out there and had some great collaborations. We knew it was only a matter of time.” Camila has scored hit duets with Shawn Mendes and Machine Gun Kelly.
A third source confirms to People that the girls “found out from [Camila’s] representatives, not her” that she was leaving. But that source also insists there was never an issue about Camila’s solo pursuits because all of the girls have solo projects in the works.
“The girls will be making huge announcements for the group and their solo endeavors in January,” dished the source.
Fifth Harmony announced Camila’s departure at midnight Monday, saying in a Twitter post that they plan to continue as a foursome. “We are four strong, committed women who will continue with Fifth Harmony as well as our solo endeavors,” the post says. “We are excited for our future, and we can’t wait for what the new year brings.”
In a Twitter post Monday, Camila denied claims that she only informed her group mates of her departure through her representatives.
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
